Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It's sunny with a clear blue sky!!

MND

There's certainly more blue sky here than I've seen in weeks, but a cold north-westerly wind is absolutely whipping the clouds over.

If it brightens up this afternoon as the forecast claims it will then I might start to believe the prediction of a clear sky tonight.

James

1st clear night in ages last night and was far too tired.

Ready to go tonight so if it up to normal the clouds are waiting over the horizon and as soon as the suns sets they'll make their move.

See that thin finger of cloud running across the bottom of South Wales down towards Southampton?  I can see that from here.  Then that clear strip below it, that's just to the north of me :(

The forecast is still for clear sky later, but I can only see it happening if that big lump of cloud over Ireland doesn't want to join the party.

James

Well there's been mainly clear skies all day and even into the darkness here. I thought I'd get the webcam out and have a go at capturing the ISS as it came over. I (think) I had every thing set up and then just as my phone app gave me the 5 minute warning...... instant cloud cover horizon to horizon. Even the moon disappeared.  :mad:  Ah well it must be wine o'clock  :grin:

Totally clouded over here now. I managed to get one solitary Lunar image.

Should've gone out a bit earlier....

I'm in much the same boat.  My wife and children went out to collect the kittens they'd been promised for their birthdays tonight.  I'd set up pretty much by the time they got back, but I did the decent thing and played with the kittens for a while, had dinner with my wife, didn't even rush through it.  And how am I rewarded?  By total cloud cover within ten minutes of getting outside!  I must have done something seriously evil in a previous life.

James

I'm outside right now doing a spot of 'soft target imaging' (star clusters & the like) right now (Warks) but I have to say the high cloud is starting to drift in and spoil things (along with the moon). Still nice to be outside and just doing something for a change.

managed a few hours. started with a few moon shots, couple of runs on Jupiter, then on to Mars. seeing was maybe a little better than of late, but still nothing to SHOUT about. tried a few different settings as well as a few runs without a barlow. finnished with one "token gesture" run on Saturn inbetween a chimney stack and conifer!

Got couple of hours in last night, occasional wispy cloud but pretty good here, spent ages with the moon.

1st night in ages I have managed to get out with work being really busy recently. Looking forward to Saturn appearing at a sensible time. Its still appearing too late with my early starts in a morning.

See what sort of views I can get with my setup.

The clouds cleared again and I managed a few hours until about 3:30am, but couldn't stay awake any longer.  The Sun was shining when I was rudely woken again at 8am, but the sky is now 100% cloud cover again.  Just as well.  I wouldn't want to dehydrate or anything.

James

Archived