Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lovely night for observing here !

John

I hope others are having a night like we are having here tonight  :grin:

Just about every target I've picked over the past 4 hours has looked superb. I've lost count of the number of galaxies I've come across in the Leo / Virgo region. Jupiter was excellent earlier, Sirius was split, Hercules globular clusters are looking spectacular, Mars is just stunning right now and I've even managed a quick preview of the later Spring skies with a trip to Lyra to split the "double double" and say "Hi" to the Ring Nebula  :smiley:

One of those "glad to be alive" nights  :grin:

Lovely dark night down here, with reasonable seeing and no moon!    A little bit of thin cloud early on, but otherwise excellent transparency - Jupiter was excellent early on, and had some decent views on Mars - just waiting for Saturn to clear the trees! 

I to am waiting for Saturn to clear the trees in my parent's garden. Brought the scope up to Brum with me today, and after getting back from the pub, the skies looked good so I set it up. Was just about to go to bed at 1 went Saturn popped up on the goto. Got a half decent view thought the trees, but I reckon in ten more minutes, it should be excellent. Just time to get another coffee :).

Great to here you guys are having such good conditions :smiley: seeing is great here too, Jupiter taking 300x very well at twilight with fantastic detail and watched the GRS on its way through,sitting in its pocket.At the moment 200x is best,nice and sharp.Hope to get a good crack at Mars.

Wonderful early morning start for me 3:30am :shocked:  I have to agree John brilliant seeing.

Mars, Saturn, a lovely half moon and lots of lovely stars including the lovely Albireo pair. I must say I have never seen Mars like that before, I am sure I could make out a paler / white colours to it in places and it is supposed to get even better in April

I even caught 3 minutes of the Sun at about 7am :laugh:

Its the first time I have used all 3 scopes in one sitting.

Wonderful early morning start for me 3:30am :shocked:  I have to agree John brilliant seeing.

Mars, Saturn, a lovely half moon and lots of lovely stars including the lovely Albireo pair. I must say I have never seen Mars like that before, I am sure I could make out a paler / white colours to it in places and it is supposed to get even better in April

I even caught 3 minutes of the Sun at about 7am :laugh:

Its the first time I have used all 3 scopes in one sitting.

I wish I had stayed up now Shaun, I nearly did but the sky was so unsettled earlier I didn't bother in the end - looks like you certainly made the most of it though

Phil

I wish I had stayed up now Shaun, I nearly did but the sky was so unsettled earlier I didn't bother in the end - looks like you certainly made the most of it though

Phil

Phil,

I  went to bed early and as a result woke up early :smiley:  I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked outside.

I managed a quick session about 1am, from my backyard I Only have the south on show so not too much on offer for my 10x50's at that time, just managed to split regulus, checked out the coma Berenice cluster which looked nice in the bins, did have a go at seeing the Leo triplet, pretty sure I was looking in the right place but no luck at all :(

Thought about going ou last nightt, but intermittent cloud and showers kept me in. It was completely cloudy when I looked out at midnight, so I went to bed.  Its supposed to be clear here tonight, but I have an early start for work - may just have to sneak out for a bit anyway; all your tales of great viewing are making me so jealous :).

Archived