Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First PST shot of the sun

Stardust

I wondered if my new qhy5L-II mono would achieve focus in my pst, So popped it in and was amazed it did, so this is my first attempt, not great by the standards on here but I'm really quite pleased with the result and the fact I can have a go at some solar imaging.

post-195-0-27164000-1395054238_thumb.jpg

Looks very good to me, nice and sharp and no hint of a sweetspot or Newton rings. I would say that is a good first image, either a first image or one from a seasoned solar imager, well done.

Just think 12 of those stepped across the surface and you will have a nice full disc in high resolution to rival anything on here.

Robin

If you do get some mosaic panes try Microsoft ICE (its freeware) as it is pretty good at making mosaics of images with clear high contrast areas of overlap - so it should be OK with Ha images (and why it is a real pain with white light images where there is so little contrast!!)

It's a whole new avenue to explore and a great summer ahead when I can't get out under the other stars so much, thanks for the links will have a look at those.

I have a lot going on at the moment with a complete change of mount/scopes in the obsy. The LX200 has gone and an AZEQ6 with my Meade 127 refractor has pride of place.

So going from a fork to eq is one thing but getting it all hooked up again for pc control is not easy going for me with all this computer black magic but I',m getting there.

Archived