Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

oh dear...i've not done!

estwing

having a fantastic night with the scope but its ugly heads popped up again...the 21E is just superb at 97x but bodes barely fits in, M42 is a tight fit also..the leo triplet is filling the whole FOV...see what I'm getting at?...looks like the 31mm nags back in play!!..and at 65x this would seem the next step...doh!

Whats the exit pupil on that going to be?

I use a 28mm ES and the exit pupil in that is too large for my 16", I need to change it sometime, probably to a 26mm Nagler but I dunno....

Whats the 21E like for just scanning around the sky Calv? 

Glad your out anyway, cloud here but forecast says 6 clear nights in a row coming up!  :eek:

Thats why I've kept my N31 as well as the E21. The extra sky that it shows is more noticeable than you think it ought to be.

I guess the ES 30 / 82 would be a good alternative though. Teensy bit less sky though than the N31.

Cheers Calv you've just put me off the 21mm Ethos. I'd been wondering would the field be big enough. Clearly the answer is no. That's saved me a lot of faffing about. :)

I had been thinking on swapping both my 31mm T5 and 20mm Naglers for one. I'm not going to bother even thinking about it anymore.

Yep same for me Calv you've just saved me a few quid. :)

I love the thought of having a low power EP with a smaller exit pupil but I dont want to increase the magnification....Back to the original plan of getting another 26mm Nagler then!

This looks like a thread to talk me into keeping my 31mm Nagler. I just don't know why but before when I had the 30mm Meade UWA I used it all the time now I never seen to pick it up. Maybe the only thing that needs to change is me.

I think I will be keeping both like John and a few others.

Do you have any issues with abberations on your very fast F3.9 scope?

Alan.

all that money I saved you folks can be sent to fund my 31mm!!!...not that the 21's no good! I just want all bases covered. Alan I've not noticed any, at all..perhaps someone with more experienced eyes may pick something up but to me its a stunning piece of kit

I think I will be keeping both like John and a few others.

Alan.

That'll be my choice too if I had those two. But I'll do some serious considerations about addition Pan 41 and 35.

I added the 31nag to my collection Calv after getting the 21ethos. They compliment each other nicely in my 16" light bridge.

I mainly use the ethos but the nag comes out for the wider targets, Pleiades, double cluster, rosette etc.

We'll worth the edition in my opinion!!

Archived