Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Commissioning of new roll-off in Provence - finally!

perfrej

As for standard "broadband" (which is an erroneous term in the context that it is used today - it is actually a modulation term, not a throughput/speed term) I have just switched operator and enjoy 250 Mbit/s downlink and 50 Mb/s uplink. Whoooosh!

/per

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, Manchester vs Etoile-St-Cyrice at 930m altitude and no major settlement with over 20 people within miles... ;)

Yes, but think of all the wear and tear that your equipment has from being used so often. Compared with Manchester where it will remain in pristine state, due to the cloud cover, for years and years.

Manchester has a reputastion for being the rain capital of the UK or at least of England :D  Thanks all the same but I think I'll put up with "narrow band" internet for the rural life here :D 

What a fantastic project. That is really impressive. :)

Do you have to employ Olly to go clean the optics, untangle cables, remove wild boar from filter wheels etc? ;)

Cheers

Ian

Thanks!

Currently, Olly serves as roof master as the gearbox of the roof motor has failed. There is risk of cables getting stuck (at least not on my rig) and scopes are parked horizontally so no problems there either. Boars... We'll see about that ;)

/p

it's a lie, fostered by a bunch of soft southern jessies  :tongue:

Watched a bit about Manchester on telly yesterday and they said one reason it was once the Worlds largest producer of cotton was because they needed damp to keep the cotton moist.

Dave

it's a lie, fostered by a bunch of soft southern jessies :tongue:

You leave us soft southern jessies out of it, we're quite happy down here ;-)

Wonderful setup there Per, look forward to seeing the results!

Cheers,

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived