Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

thats it! just order a 350 goto

seven_legs

hello all

just needed to say that iv'e order a Skywatcher Skyliner 350P FlexTube GOTO from FLO with a shroud and a 7mm Skywatcher Nirvana UWA 82-degree FOV eyepiece, plus power pack. cannot wait to use the tracking on it.  for 30 years i always have to find things the hard way. which is good and fun. but now got a chance to upgrade from my 250 skywatcher dobsonian. is there anyone out there who,s got the  Skywatcher Skyliner 350P FlexTube GOTO? what difference in views can i expect? From my old scope i have a 11mm Explore Scientific 82° N2 Eyepiece and a 38mm Skywatcher PanaView eyepiece which i hope will work fine. oh i hope i have made the right choice with the  7mm Skywatcher Nirvana UWA 82-degree FOV eyepiece?!

clear skies

tony

Congratulations on your new big dob  :smiley:

The Nirvana and ES eyepieces will work very well with it though you will see some coma in the outer parts of the field of view (thats from the scope, not the eyepiece). The Panaview 38 may ultimately not be quite so satisfying as it will produce a rather oversized 8.44mm exit pupil with the 350 dob and will show astigmatism (seagull shaped stars) in the outer field of view. Fine to start off with though.

Ah, I see you've joined the "too posh to push" brigade :)

Never experienced that and it must be nice.

I went from 10 to 16" and it wS very noticeable as your jump will be, especially if your like your galaxies!

I use an 8.5mm in my LB for planetary so I'd say your 7mm will be similar

I also have the ES 11mm and it'll work a treat in your 14"

Enjoy the ride!

Barry

Congratulations! There was a reader question in the letters page in a Sky at Night magazine last year about eyepieces for bigs fast dobs and the Skywatcher Nirvana's along with Pentax and Televue were recommended. 

Deep sky stuff aside, Your 7mm in the 350 is going to give you 228x mag of high quality which I gather is just about perfect for planetary stuff - big bright detailed image but without pushing so far you compromise quality. Watch out Jupiter, watch out Saturn - here comes Tony BigDob (well at least until his back gives in from lugging it all around!)

ahhh very nice i have the 350p flexitube and i love it. just curious im looking for a new EP and was looking at the 11MM ES 82 how do you find it? The bases on these are bit easier to hauls around as they break down i get the whole lot in my ford focus with all my cases and tables. ive also the 250px and thats a great scope too. you will have lots of fun

Daniel, I hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

I bought an ES 82 a couple of years ago and get on with it very well. It's great having the extra FOV with more magnification. I'm ashamed to say I bought it for under £70 brand new and am horrified at the UK prices...if you've got the cash they are well worth the purchase, a great quality eyepiece that works well in large aperture dobs.

thanks everyone.  I do love the  11MM ES 82 on my 10" dob. my fav eyepiece. as for the lugging the 350 around that's ok. I go to the gym and do weights lol. will do photo's and first light report. well will do two one from home in lp area and one later from dark skies

Archived