Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead and Flame HA First for Months

earlybird

I have not imaged for Months after mount and camera problems and the weather.

It was good to get out again before I completely forgot all I learnt.

The moon was out so I thought I would try some HA on the Horsehead.

ED80 6.3FR ATIK 16HR and HA filter guided by a WOZS66 DSIPro on a EQ6pro using EQMOD.

5 x 5 min and 3 x 10 min subs before the guiding stopped.

Will have to play with processing this image more, but glad to get going again.

John

post-13094-133877336539_thumb.jpg

A wonderful Image that John. I keep saying this, but mono images of certain deep sky objects just wow me, and this is one of them

An Image very similar to this won POTW a short time back.

Splendid stuff mate.

Ron. :D

Nice image John. Am I right in assuming that the moon doesn't wash out HA? That would be nice! :D

Trev

Yes, HA imaging is good when the moon is out.

Lovely to see you back again John , and back with a lovely image as well , lovely Fov with that set up as well , have you a had a chance to try the QHY8 yet

Rog

Rog. I tried the QHY8 last night after the Horsehead. I had a 2 inch HA filter on the ED80 with a 6.3 FR. and was playing with the rosette nebula.

I have to learn the best way to process HA with that camera.

I only got a couple of 10 min subs and the guiding stopped again. Three times last night it just stopped.

It is a new replacement EQ6PRO and seems to work perfectly apart from that. I was using Maxim to guide.

I will have to try PHD again, but it doensn't seem to want to calibrate on the default settings and I have tried a few things , but no great success.

John

The biggest problems with PHD when it doesnt want to callibrate is the value in the "callibration step (ms)" box. Shorter focal length guidescope require longer steps. My WO66 requires a value of 1000ms, but when I use my NS8GPS to guide, it only needs a value of 500ms. The callibration will fail if the guide star doesnt move at least 5% of the chip during the max number of callibration steps. So, shorter focal length requires longer callibration steps, longer FL can get away with shorter.

Archived