NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun 7/2/14 - 1st light!!! :)

tingting44

Hey guys got my solar filter this week, and has been the first time viewing and imaging the sun! im amazed with daytime AP now loool which is good considering how rubbish the night time weather has been lately :(

Here is my first light of our sun from the 7th feb 2014 taken with my DSLR, white light with false color added, its nothing compared to some of the amazing sun pics ive seen on here, but its mine :D

ive been taking more data today as i thought it rude if i didnt where the sun has been shining lovely today, this time i captured the data with my SPC900 so ive got some nice close up data, will try to process it this afternoon and get the SPC900 data up also

all the best

Martin

That's fantastic Martin, I know exactly the feeling when I first got a picture of the Sun, it's an amazing thrill :) you will be out there imaging every second the Sun shines from now on :)

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra, thank you for your comment, your right i was amazed at how much the sun had changed today from 2 days ago, today were a LOT more sun spots! will have to get my butt in gear to get todays data up for comparision :)

An excellent first picture of the Sun - Just a shame that it seems to be hiding most of the time at the moment!

Hi Biz, thank you :) yes clouds are soo inconsiderate arnt they lol :)

Be careful , it can soon become more of an obsession than a hobby , especially if you endeavour to get a shot every day like some strange folk ...  :p

lol :D

id like to do a pic every day for the year and make an animation to see how it changes from day to day, not likely tho with work and cloud, but i will be trying my best at every given chance :D

Another fantastic image, I see you are caught by the bug, our own star is far nicer to look at than those others which are far too far away and dim that the only way to see them is in the dark :) :) :)

Alexandra

Thanks Alexandra :) defo caught the bug lol, only just got in from work :( and just cloud for me so no imaging today....grhhhhh :(

Nice images. I think the reason the sun is hiding is all these people taking pictures. The sun is rather shy, it would seem ;)

Thanks Michael :) cant wait to get the next chance to see our local star :D

Nice data your getting TingTing, throw some of that sunlight my way will you lol. 

wait till you see H-alpha and CAK sun images, and the price hike.

i have come to the point of picking up coins of the street to go towards

trying to have a H-alpha scope, £3.79p and a silver cent, a couple of polish coin

and a old 1958 half penny. only about £600 short lol

Nice data your getting TingTing, throw some of that sunlight my way will you lol. 

wait till you see H-alpha and CAK sun images, and the price hike.

i have come to the point of picking up coins of the street to go towards

trying to have a H-alpha scope, £3.79p and a silver cent, a couple of polish coin

and a old 1958 half penny. old about £600 short lol

HEYYYY old buddy!!! how has one been!! you still active over on MSUK? haha i know since i got my solar filter last week its like the sun has been on display for me lol :D

are those filters your talking about tam? dont get me started the mrs all ways moans at me for treating my self to stargazing gear lol

Thanks Luke, ohh now your talking, the summer is going to be bliss!! Day after day of beaming sun shine mhh lol

One thing how long do these astro zap filters usually last for and do they normally smell lol mine has a kind of paint fume to it, or is it just me lol

yeah active still in msuk, went from building boats to building a new lightweight astro cam.

my solar filter film had a funny sniff to it, cant say i notice it now.

my film filter i have had a year or so. its now clouded over and a tiny fingerprint

has removed one side of the layering ( kept filter in dark in a box dust free ),

only time filter has been exposed to sunlight was at viewing, and the longest stint was 45 mins..

am not sure buddy, i know the H-alpha has a tuner fitted to the module, it allows you to tune the

hydrogen filter. i am unsure about Cak filtering, but they both produce clarity way beyond what i have seen

with white light filtering. so that would be my next step a Personal Solar Telescope (PST)

Superb images Martin. Sounds like you are already hooked on solar imaging. I never knew It could be so captivating that I would spend more on a scope to look at one star than all the billions of others on display. Mind if you get a run of clear days and nights and do both, watch you computer as it will go in to melt down trying to cope with all the stacking.

I reckon on getting 5 times the use out of my solar scopes than I do my night time, plus the hours are better and you don't trip over as much walking around in the day time a you do at night.

Robin

soz for late reply have not even had a chance to turn the pc on in 2 days with work being so hectic :(

ah its not just me then thats got a funny smelling filter lol

thanks for the tip tam! ive been keeping my solar filter in the box it came in so all good there :)

wow them H-alpha tuner filters sound awsome! 

cant wait to get the chance to view the sun next have not seen it in days now :( shame as it was lovely and sunnny at work today :(

oopss sorry missed both these replies on the next page...

Superb images Martin. Sounds like you are already hooked on solar imaging. I never knew It could be so captivating that I would spend more on a scope to look at one star than all the billions of others on display. Mind if you get a run of clear days and nights and do both, watch you computer as it will go in to melt down trying to cope with all the stacking.

I reckon on getting 5 times the use out of my solar scopes than I do my night time, plus the hours are better and you don't trip over as much walking around in the day time a you do at night.

Robin

Thank you Robin :) defo hooked lol i know its a great pleasure to be able to view the star so close compared to the billions of others that are so far away, yes its all ways good to have plenty of data for them rainy nights in lol, i got quite a lot of data to go through now when i next get the chance

congrats martin on your 1st solar image and a very nice one it is, well done!

Thank you kindly bunnygod1 just need to get more time to spend on it now and actually get a stacked image, cant wait to see what the images look like when stacked, but having some issues when stacking :( 

Archived