First attempt at AP through telescope

Hi..it is indeed a very nice pic..i was a bit disappointed last night, i also had been thinking of having ago at AP

and my mount is also eq3-2 and telescope is skywatcher evostar 90. i was told the mount wouldnt be any good

for ap and that eq5 was minimum requirement of mount, so well done with your pic maybe i'll have a go anyway

Ron

Nice pic! Supercrisp. And quite reassuring for me too - I also have Eq3-2 and 150p and Nikon 3200. Havent tried AP yet though with this. Which adapter did you use please?

The EQ3-2 can give good results provided it is well polar aligned and not overloaded with the scope/camera weight.

Alan

Sorry, am going to sound a bit thick here. That is the T ring, but presumably you need the adaptor also?

Oh sorry, I see what you mean now! I think so, thought these came with the scopes. Mine had all the bits apart from the t ring. But that looks the same as what came with it.

Apols for the misunderstanding.

Hi and thanks. I've had a good look at whats available and have ordered Nikon T ring + eyepiece projection holder like this. Hope I've got it right!

It's measnt for EP projection, but the lower (RH as show in pic) section of that can be used as 1.25" adaptor on the t ring for prime or Barlowed prime. And the LH section has an outer dia of 51mm, so should work as 2" adaptor for prime, though I dont think its meant for that.

Should be getting this in a day or two, so just need a break in the clouds and will see what I can do! Good luck.

Archived