evostar 100ed ds pro

robstar8

Hi Rob and welcome to SGL, you should find the weight of the basic scope from retail outlets, or the instruction manual, to this add an 8x50 finderscope and mounting bracket, around 500grms. RDF finder will be much less. If the diagonal is not included in the scope weight, that can be a further 104+ grms, up to such as 502 grms for a Williams 2" Quartz. Then there`s your eyepieces, variable, depending on quality and mag, example, 6.7x 82° Explore Scientific 226 grms, much more basic ones will, of course, be less. all figures are approximate and based on records of the individual weighing's of my own gear. Hope this will give you some idea :) 

I would also echo James`s message, to consider reposting your question in the Equipment Help and Advice section. However, I would add that the 100ED is a very nice scope.

I have this scope (very nice views!) and I can weigh it for you just OTA and with finder and diagonal attached. Only thing is not back home until tomorrow, so will look back and if no one has replied will update you here.

thinking about it will the 100ed outperform my 150 mac?????? i like the idea of wider views & the pure form of a frac.....but..... would say a 50mm ep in my f 1800 mac give the same results???? id say im more a planet kid than deep sky. think im trying to find an all rounder really but is that possible?????

Archived