Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blaenavon Tomorrow night 11/114

Matthew

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm trying to make do with what I have. And iv got everything now for a decent AP rig just going the long way about it. Iv got the AT. And that pretty sturdy kson mount with wedge. I want to mount the AT into it using the holes on re wedge so a small peice of steel with holes drilled to match the wedge. Then centre to attach at. And it should carry the at mount head and megrez with dslr ect. The az3 sadly can't handle the weight :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Anyone monitoring this thread from the mountain. I have just got in and was in two minds whether to get changed and head on up there.  

The skies here are a bit misty, so uhmm... don't know what to do,   :confused: especially if you're all not staying long.

Change of plans and headed up to blaenavon at short notice with just the bins.luckily Matt,David and Mike all have brilliant scopes so thanks all three for letting me use them.the moon was flooding the sky so not a night for galaxy hunting but the views of Jupiter and the moon were brilliant and a real experience using matt's new monster DOB.looking forward to the 25th and some real dark skies but tonight was just a pleasure to get out in the cold and clear and meet up with everyone once again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A nice evening for sure. That's an awesome dob Matt, now we just need to convince the council to

increase the size of the parking lot.   :grin:

Tony, Lenny, Gaz, sorry you were unable to make it. 

Even though we wrapped it up by about 8:00 pm, I think we all got our money's worth for the time spent.

I like the idea of these short notice sessions in addition to the regular scheduled meets, its nice to know

that when good weather presents itself, we can take the opportunity to renew our inspiration.  :smiley:

Excellent night tonight gents,it was great to see everyone i havnt been up the site for months.Conditions were excellent for the last hour and the fact that my binoviewers came into focus made my night ( 369x magnification on the moon and jupiter .........cant be bad  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: ).Your little questar is superb mike......i cant wait to see its big brother in action.....David dont forget to post your sketch.Fingers crossed we will get another short session in before the 25th.

Hi Mike, glad you all had a good night.

Unfortunately, I didn't get home till late, and knew Matt was out only for a short session.

I also like the idea of short notice sessions, even if it's like the one you and I had recently.

If an event, or as you say, the weather presents itself we should take the initiative and post our intensions. :smiley:

just got back from the grandparents...... got out of the car to open the gate and slipped legs hurting now.... its bout -4 heres :(    glad you had a good night though!!   we should have more of these quickies! even if its only an hour or 2 up there its a good idea:)   i will have to get the sheet steal plate ready ASAP now :)  

Glad you all had a good night, hope to make it on 25th. I spent the evening in the back garden dabbling with a bit of DSLR imaging on Jupiter, the Moon and Orion Neb for the first time. Pretty pleased with the results for a first effort - can't wait to have another go under the dark skies of Blaenavon soon! 

James

Hi Tony,

I agree with you, if the weather presents itself we should post our intentions for heading up to the site.

Its good to observe at home when the sky permits, but I also find it enjoyable to be able to look at the

same objects through different scopes, and in the good company of fellow observers.

Only just seen this, should keep a better eye out! Had a good night at home - almost finished the lunar 100, and a load of doubles from turn left at Orion.

I like the idea of these short notice events too - ill set up alerts on the forum so I see them!

Glad you guys had a good night. Hope to have the licence back by April so will heading up there then I hope.

Had the new 127 mak goto in the garden Saturday night but there was a fault on the power cable shorting out so could not get it aligned.

All fixed now, just got to wait for another clear night

Pat

Archived