Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

West Sussex Observing Group - social meet up

Hey guys,

When I got home last night I moved the files off my laptop onto my NAS and then shut the lid and went to sleep.

This morning the copied files are missing and the original folder is empty.

I have been trying to recover them, but with no luck :( 

Sorry, would have been nice to take home a memento.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys / girls - as far as I know the Worthing lots Jupiter thing is still on friday and sat night. Any one fancy going?

Well, If the skies are clear I may well take a trip down there and see what's going on..

Chris, what is the software you were using to stack those pics? I've got an old xbox live cam I might bodge up to use with my scope and have a play about with astrophotography. I had the old beast in bits today, flocked the whole scope and focus tube and cleaned the primary mirror. So it's all ready for action. Just need to mod the cam and get some software sorted :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chris, what is the software you were using to stack those pics? I've got an old xbox live cam I might bodge up to use with my scope and have a play about with astrophotography. I had the old beast in bits today, flocked the whole scope and focus tube and cleaned the primary mirror. So it's all ready for action. Just need to mod the cam and get some software sorted :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Check this post out on how to use the software.

morning! did anyone go to worthing in the end?

I decided against it and went to newlands corner. managed to get my first glimpse of mars, not good seeing but at least I saw it... flocking my scope made a big difference, the moon was much clearer and sharper than Ive seen it before so I was pretty chuffed about that. Didnt find the time to sort out the cam but am doing it today so I might give it a test run tonight.

Around 12a.m it became very foggy, ruining my chances of seeing my first glimpse of saturn, or anything else! the drive home was a bit worrying around the tight little bendy country roads.

I decided against it and went to newlands corner.

Dude, seriously?

Why didn't you let me know? its only a 10 minute drive from me.

If you fancy meeting up early doors tomorrow morning, let me know. Looking clear all night until sunrise.

Dude, seriously?

Why didn't you let me know? its only a 10 minute drive from me.

If you fancy meeting up early doors tomorrow morning, let me know. Looking clear all night until sunrise.

Oh mate Im sorry, I just thought Id take a couple of mates up with me for their first look through my scope and have a [removed word] about. Next time I go up there I will definitely give you a shout I promise ;) Im not sure I can do tomorrow morning mate, my mrs has a busy day planned for me extending the chicken run and god knows what else. I think all Ill be able to do is sling the scope out in the back garden tonight for an hour or so just to test this xbox live camera/and stacking progs etc

Friday night at WA was a waste of time as sea fog rolled in and obscured the sky by around 8.30pm.

Last night was much better with around 25 scopes plus a lot of public turned out, a fantastic evening had by all.

Next event we are holding is on Sunday16th March at 8.00pm at Splash Point near the pier on the seafront.

This isnthe double transit event of Io and Gannymede crossing the face of Jupiter.

Hi all what does flocking mean? I didn't go to either event as I spoke to one of the guys that would they be on hand for help in set up, alignment etc. but from the sounds of it they would be too busy.

Currently in the middle of building a custom red led polarscope illuminator. As polar alignment is still a major pain. There are still basics I don't know or understand. I don't even know if my scope is set up ok.

Hope we can do a get together at some point to do this sort of stuff like the practicalities. I'd like to pass on my webcam and stacking experience.

Frank

Archived