SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

West Sussex Observing Group - social meet up

Hi everyone - long time no post - sorry :( 

I turned 40 yesterday!

I've only used the scope a few times recently - finding it really difficult to get the synscan to point at objects which is fine for the Moon or planets but not DSOs. Also got a Canon 100d recently.

We're planning to move soon (still within Horsham) and when we do, I will be setting up my own shed observatory which which I plan to start getting everything right! 

I think my scope is badly set up. Still would like to meet up to find out what I am doing wrong!

frank

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone - long time no post - sorry :(

I turned 40 yesterday!

I've only used the scope a few times recently - finding it really difficult to get the synscan to point at objects which is fine for the Moon or planets but not DSOs. Also got a Canon 100d recently.

We're planning to move soon (still within Horsham) and when we do, I will be setting up my own shed observatory which which I plan to start getting everything right! 

I think my scope is badly set up. Still would like to meet up to find out what I am doing wrong!

frank

Hey ho, happy happy 40th

Hope you had a good day, I know the nights have been clear lately!

My problem at the moment is that with the warm summer evenings and the short twilight, it has not been worth trying to image.

I have not taken my kit out of the shed for about 4 weeks now and I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms. 

(My wife forced me to take my kit out and look at the moon, just so that I would stop complaining. :)

Anyway, I would like to meet up and play with my kit and discuss with others and their kit.

Would you like to organise something?

Archived