Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

West Sussex Observing Group - social meet up

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duncton hill on road out of Petworth towards Chitchester has car park and I think very likely seriously dark

Just checked that Google link yes that is the car park I was thinking of, it is beautiful around there

Nice good to hear, won't have time to suss beforehand.

I'm in, Petworth is only a 40 minute drive from me.

Might be worth letting emadmoussa know as he now lives in that neck of the woods.

Thanks Antony, please extend invite.

Still waiting on chairman "Frank" to confirm.

I'm in! first free weekend since last year so the timing could'nt of been better. Driving from Shoreham but distance is no issue for me, just want some darker skies and a proper 1st field trip! Looking forwartd too it

Nice one.

I dunno if I'm going to be out all night yet.

Okay I think we are getting close to a critical mass, please spread the word and try to get people to join.

I will make my decision to drive out their by tomorrow lunch time as I need to get all my stuff prepared.  

I am planning on going out to B&Q to get a power inverter so I can power mounts and cameras.

I also have a kettle for coffee and biscuits, people can arrive and leave when ever it suites them.

I will try to hold the fort for as long as possible - probably from 19:30 through to 02:30. 

So far we have

+1 Chris

+1 Obsey

+1 Denis

+1 Bathurst

? Frank

?  happy-kat

? Any others?

Anybody else who wants to come just +1

If you any of the above cannot make it let us know by lunch time tomorrow.

Thanks

Its weired hobsey, its always been pretty bang on with weather reports even with the hourly predicions through the day but recently it seems to be wrong most of the time. Looking forward to tomorrow and meeting you all so am hoping for clear sky!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed they're right about the clear skies, my astronomy thing on accuweather says it's worst viewing night between tonight and sun. .. But then it says tonight is good viewing :blink::huh:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Met office is usually really good for this type of thing 

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/petworth-west-sussex#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1393632000

Check the weather (clouds) and visibility indicators. (Good is not the best, but they are usually conservative.)

But we will need to keep a eye on it as the by lunch time we will know for definite.

It is currently clear over Manchester and this high pressure should drift over us by tomorrow night.

Depending how fast or slow it moves will determine if tomorrow night is viable.

Met Office is usually right but always best to check in within the 24hours leading up to the event, being a Groundsman I rely on Weather sites/apps on a daily basis and know all too well how wrong they can be but also how right as well!

Archived