Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 15x70 Skymaster- price

vvsloan

They keep the price down by letting users do the quality control. If you get a good pair, it is a deal. If you get a dud pair (I got one once), return it and get a new one (this is why you need a reputable dealer). I had an Omegon branded pair for years, which showed me so many goodies all over the world. They travel easily, so I could take them to South Africa and Australia. The Magellanic Clouds are just stunning. These BA1s bagged me something like 40 Messiers. I have since replaced them by better ones, but that was really because I like this type of instrument so much, it paid to invest in a better pair. The kids now use the cheaper BA-1s I have (TS-branded). My eldest did an absolute war-dance when he spotted Comet PANSTARRS with it first of us last year.

Enjoy the new bins!

Cheers!

Well luckily it seems I got a good pair.

I'm off to Zambia for a few weeks soon with these bins, and am so looking forward to the things we're going to be able to see there. Only very recently got into astronomy so am just starting to read around all the lovely gems I'm anticipating seeing there at this time of year. Our location will be completely LP free so yeah, cant wait! And cant wait to show my little ones (well, the elder pre-schooler anyway) the views we simply cant get from our house. (unfortunately, with no car, and sandwiched in our tiny terrace with no garden, we see about a metre squared of sky, so viewing has to wait for the occasions we visit my mum..)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers!

Well luckily it seems I got a good pair.

I'm off to Zambia for a few weeks soon with these bins, and am so looking forward to the things we're going to be able to see there. Only very recently got into astronomy so am just starting to read around all the lovely gems I'm anticipating seeing there at this time of year. Our location will be completely LP free so yeah, cant wait! And cant wait to show my little ones (well, the elder pre-schooler anyway) the views we simply cant get from our house. (unfortunately, with no car, and sandwiched in our tiny terrace with no garden, we see about a metre squared of sky, so viewing has to wait for the occasions we visit my mum..)

That should be brilliant. Please do post observation reports!

I'm off to Zambia for a few weeks

Superb part of the world -- I grew up in Zimbabwe and used to spend a fair bit of time up on the Copperbelt. The southern skies with binocs are tremendously rewarding. At this time of year, your pre-dawn skies are worth a peep with Omega Cen and the Crux region well placed. SMC is best in the evening at this time of year.

Superb part of the world -- I grew up in Zimbabwe and used to spend a fair bit of time up on the Copperbelt. The southern skies with binocs are tremendously rewarding. At this time of year, your pre-dawn skies are worth a peep with Omega Cen and the Crux region well placed. SMC is best in the evening at this time of year.

We're not actually going until mid-end of February, but we will be there till the end of March. Really cant wait. I intend to garner everyones opinions as to what the best Binocular viewing at that time of year in that location closer to our departure!

Got my 15x70 Revelation's delivered today and first look through them in the daylight were impressive although my limited experience is not much of a judge at this stage - hoping the clouds blow away a bit so I can at least point them upwards for a short while this evening - I have the action grip tripod mounted in readiness (monopod to arrive next week)

My pair of Revelation 15 x 70 arrived today, along with horizon to horizon cloud , hopefully get some clear skies soon to try them out.

Yeah, I had that. Had to wait a few days for clear skies to check them out, then I fell in love with them. Now I have the monopod (which I'm so glad I eventually went for instead of a tripod, which was my initial mounting preference) and a trigger grip ball head to go with it, and although I think its a super amazing and awesome bit of kit, I'm finding it a bit of an effort to operate. I dont know whether my hand is just stupidly weak (a very real possibility :)) or the friction is too much on the ball, but its not as smooth as I was expecting it to be. To be fair, I have got the cheapest end of the market trigger grip ball head and I'm hoping its just a matter of practice. Unfortunately weather has only given me 2 proper sessions out of them since I got them but what they've shown me has left me blown away, even if its left me with a slightly sore hand.

Although it states in my signature that I have a 200P Dob, that's actually what I bought my mum for Xmas (tho I behave like its my baby she's just looking after) and have had only managed one short (and somewhat drunken) session with on New Years Eve; the first time I'd ever really tried to navigate the sky, having no previous experience (or interest up until researching to buy my mum a scope, and discovered a passion for it myself). I havn't been able to co-ordinate a visit up there with clear skies since then, so my bins are my primary source of stargazing kit. And I'm not disappointed.

Hope the clouds clear for all of us soon!

Managed to dodge the clouds briefly and pleased with the new bins. Collimation seems to be ok, saw Jupiter with three of it's moons also the Orion Nebula. Found I can hold them fairly steady but would like to get a monopod, although I'll need to find a tall one as I'm 6'3".

I think these are going to be great for casual viewing and to take away on holidays etc.

Just placed an order for the Revalation 15 x 70's and the heavy duty L bracket at lunch time today, had an email to say dispatched at 3:30 this afternoon. Great service and 10% discount with the Astrofest code. Nothing but cloud and rain last few days hope it brightens up.

Archived