Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

seeing conditions

Conditions our way seemed pretty good tonight. Caroline's Rose looked really punchy in my 10 inch dob, M45 was beautiful, clear dust lanes in M31, Double Cluster super sparkly, Orion Nebula so rich. A shame I couldn't get my 16 inch dob out but I have a pathetic cough at the moment and am not up to a long night of viewing. Cracking little session, though :laugh:

That full moon dos'e my head in,its surely been 3 months or more since I've had good clear sky's,and that's when I can see satalites going overhead clearly,was looking good to start tonight then a blanket of moisture seemed to rise up and phd guideing just would not play ball even though I could see the stars.

luke, just looked at your flikr :) nice photos - and just saying the shot of the moon with the jet in, the plane has engines mounted to the sides of the fuselage so can't be a eurofighter :p most likely to be a panavia tornado with its wings out for slower flight

Archived