Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

daily mail light pollution

Scott

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with friendly banter, and the occasional [removed word] for tat little jibe at one another, as long as it doesn't

get nasty.

I couldn't agree more, manners and courtesy are priceless but cost nothing :smiley:

Although I agree with your sentiments Jamesf, I would however check my own posts about others use of the written word before you launch an attack as you have made two glaring mistakes in this thread.    In your first post #2, you have put "be brings instead of he brings and later in the thread #14, you have used "once" instead of one.

It is scarcely worth mentioning other than to point out, it can be construed as hypocrisy.

Although I agree with your sentiments Jamesf, I would however check my own posts about others use of the written word before you launch an attack as you have made two glaring mistakes in this thread.    In your first post #2, you have put "be brings instead of he brings and later in the thread #14, you have used "once" instead of one.

It is scarcely worth mentioning other than to point out, it can be construed as hypocrisy.

Yes, I am aware of the typos :)  I would have corrected them, but I think the window for editing my posts must have closed.  There were a couple of others that I did correct :)

I would not expect such errors to be present however if 1) I were writing this because it was my profession and 2) I had an editor.

James

Not that I could or would write professionally, you understand.  I'm not in the least convinced that I could reach the standards that I would require of myself were I to be charging people for my words.

James

Is that a double space I see :grin:

I don't think it's necessary to point out people's typos :)

Well, I think if you're going to pick holes in someone else's writing then you do need to take some care over your own.  As such I think I was fair game :)  I did think initially that I had caught them all, but then found the two mentioned when it was presumably too late to edit the posts.  I was hoping no-one would notice them :D

James

I think peace and harmony might be best served by leaving picking holes in each others' posts there.  I had it coming and that's fine.  Otherwise I think we can cut each other a little slack :)

James

Thanks, Scott, I love reading articles like this, quite a fearsome looking rig there.

I checked out Greg's website as I was intrigued to see what gear he is using and wanted to see more of his pics.

From his equipment page:

"The next big project for the New Forest Observatory is the construction of a “mini-WASP” array, along the lines of the professional “super-WASP” arrays that are used for hunting exo-planets.  The mini-WASP array will use Sky 90s and FSQ106 refractors together with SXVF-M25C one-shot colour CCDs and H35 large format mono CCDs.

It is November 2013 and the mini-WASP array has been fully functional for a year now.  The whole philosophy behind constructing the array was to get down 3x as much data in the same time a single imager grabs its data."

Greg's site here if anyone fancies a look:

http://www.newforestobservatory.com

It is a very interesting setup and Greg has a fairly extension blog about it.  Quite unexpected that it should come up in two completely different contexts within a week or so.

I'll find the other thread it was mentioned in (which was related to multi-scope rigs).

James

I'm still not sure what scopes Greg uses! I'm reading in places three Sky 90's and two TS80's? Whatever it is, must be fun :laugh:

From reading his blog I think he's changed plans a few times, or even bought scopes and then decided against them.  I lost track in the end :)

James

I think peace and harmony might be best served by leaving picking holes in each others' posts there.  I had it coming and that's fine.  Otherwise I think we can cut each other a little slack :)

James

I totally agree.  I think a simple trawl through most of my posts on this forum will show an incompetence that is probably unequalled.

Archived