NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Multi-scope setup - mounting?

So, how would one go about mounting, say, 4x Evostar 80ED scopes on one mount? I am thinking in two levels, in order to keep the setup at least moderately slim.

So, two scopes in the bottom, and two scopes on the top, and a smaller guiding scope on top of the four of'em.

What kind of mounting equipment would I need? the NEQ6 Pro could carry such a load, but I am thinking of the appropriate mounting in terms of dovetails, scope rings, etc. etc.

How does one go about mounting scopes on top of eachother, while still having them aim at the exact same thing?

The idea is to run four cameras at once, each with its own permanent narrow-band filter. Thus eliminating the need for spending four times as much time imaging, filter-wheels, etc.

Does anyone have examples of such setups?

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

In one of the postings he says "Keiron @ SCS managed to track down a new Paramount at a reasonable price".  I wonder if that's the Paramount that was sitting in the shop for ages doing nothing.  I'll have to stop and have a look next time I'm going past, see if it's still there.

James

Impressive.

It looks as if I will have to make more than one observatory. ;)

My new scope will have to do for now, but I am thinking perhaps in a year time or so. Four scopes IS afterall better than one...

Thanks everyone who have enlightened me on this subject. I shall save this URL for future reference when setting up my own.

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

I have to say that I wouldn't do it that way.  I'd have the scopes mounted in solid clamps and fit threaded collars to the clamps for adjustment.  The arrangement he uses looks rather precarious to me.  I'd at least have fitted locknuts to the adjustment bolts.

James

I have to say that I wouldn't do it that way.  I'd have the scopes mounted in solid clamps and fit threaded collars to the clamps for adjustment.  The arrangement he uses looks rather precarious to me.  I'd at least have fitted locknuts to the adjustment bolts.

James

Duly noted.

Archived