NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Televue eyepiece damage

bomberbaz

Hello all. Yes as per title unfortunately one of my Delos has got damaged and now it will not accept filters.

it still views perfectly well but there is a small dent on bottom of the barrel.

Now the bottom section of the ep unscrews so just wondered if anyone has had a similar incident with a TV ep and if they were able to provide replacement parts.

If not or if very expensive, I wont bother doing anyhthing but I would like to make good the damage. Any help much appreciated.

Tia, steve/ baz

If you can't find a suitable replacement, Tele Vue can be contacted directly and would replace the part. There will be a cost but it can be done. Contact is best done by phone - I tried it once and got though to David Nagler who was helpful.

The phone number is given on their website:

http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=27

They don't have an e.mail address apparently.

Try the barrel from another eyepiece to see if the mounting threads are the same.

It doesn't need to be a TeleVue replacement part.

sorry but you are jesting! Putting a spurious spare part onto one of my Delos would to me be akin to asking the Queen to wear cloths from Matalan (no offence to Matalan). It just wouldnt, shouldnt happen.

Thanks for the idea all the same

steve

I will put a picture on of the damage and also of the ep when broken in half. That way it might give a better idea of what i am talking about.

I hear what you say nightfisher and also Reeny re: using another ep part, but i dont think I could do that unless it was a part identical to the delos part and made by the same people, that might be acceptable, might!

However I think my first port of call is TV themselves and see what those nice people say :-)

Steve

Hi, Unfortunately its not something Im involved in im afraid, but someone on here may be able to do you a favour if they work in a CNC mill shop.

Hate to say the likelihood of being able to remake it is slim. Would cost hours of time to match the cutting tools up on such a fine thread.

Hi tom,

as 1.25" eyepiece fiters have an industry standard thread of 1.125" x 42tpi I thought it woul be a case of just programming the mill to cut a corresponding female thread probably a few thou' bigger, with the centering and line up of the cutter being the only real hassle.

Mind you, ive never used a mill before so im possibly talking rubbish !

Cheers

Archived