NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heritage 130p, it followed me home....

Hello Gonzo,

yes, it's amazing for the price :-)

A small collapsible caming stool and a Box to put it on work well, too.

5 or even 4/3mm depending on the mirror quality and seeing conditions are great for this little scope :-

As for collimation: Film can or focuser-dustcap will work too (especially as the h130p is short enough to look & adjust at the same time) :-)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it was a small scope that followed you home.

Seem to remember someone in Sydney had the same problem a few days back, but it wasn't quite as small.

Uh, that would be me. And I'm pleased to say that the impulse seems to have paid off so far. It really is quite a nice scope, thankfully :)

Congrats on your purchase, Gonzo. A lot of owners rave about the Heritage 130P, so I'm sure you're going to love it!

Tonight is a very clear night here in Hampton Wick so I took the 130p for a second quick light, this time I've used the supplied eyepieces.

After kind of adjusting the red dot finder (need proper doing), I aimed for the Pleiades with the 25mm and again it was a WOW spectacle.

I do prefer the feel and quality of the BST eyepieces so I'm off to 'Sky's the Limit' eBay's shop to get the other BST's.

Why has no one told me about this little scope, it's amazing. I really do like it. Super mega quick to setup, point and enjoy the view.

oh and cool down on a cold night seems to be quite quick.

Archived