30 secs banner.jpg

Custom Apollo / Lunar design - SkyWatcher Heritage 130p

Thought people may like to see my recent custom design for my SkyWatcher Heritage 130p... 

As a big Apollo misson geek, and not being a fan of the stock astronomer names wrap on the 130p, I decided to get creative. 

I used a great moon wall sticker just £6 from Ikea (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kinnared-decoration-stickers-moon-00448463/) as well as some matt vinyl stickers from Redbubble, one for each Apollo mission patch. 

Below is pics of the mod in progress and the end result - would love to hear what you think!

pixlr_20200602170058066.jpg

pixlr_20200602170228062.jpg

Edited by c4llum83
  • Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...

Seeing this nice scope I remember a very long time ago I made small telescope 4" or so.
Grinded the mirror out of the bottom of a bottle of Genever.(Gin)
That brand genever had square shaped bottles, so very difficult to figure that bottom into a parabola...😳
I'll try and find that little thing and post a picture.

I do remember now, while observing and emptying that bottle we had to issues, the balance of the scope kept on changing very slowly + images got blurry all the time.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Philip R said:

It made me think of this one too...

sw_heritage_100p_jaffa_edition.jpg.94ef22c18e990dc3d3c59758aebbd8f6.jpg

...and that SkyWatcher/FLO did not release a Pringles version too. 

I always that looked damned awful! 🙄

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrodinsk
      Date: 05/21/2021 Time: 21:19 +03.00 Height: 42 degrees Moon in the constellation Virgo Telescope: Sky-Watcher 150 / 750PDS Camera: ZWO ASI462MC Accessories: Optolong UV / IR Cut Filter 1.25 " Barlow Lens Televue Powermate 3x Mount: Sky-Watcher Heq5 ProSynScan Location: Krasnodar Territory, village Dinskaya, courtyard. 1x10 000 frames Resolution: 1936x1096 Exposure time: 20 ms Gain: 78 49.26 FPS Stacked 250 frames out of 10,000 Software: Shooting in FireCapture Build: Autostackert 3.1.4 Wavelets and deconvolution: AstroSurface Post-processing: Photoshop
    • By tompato
      So I have had these Skywatcher Slow Motion Cables for all of 5 minutes and after the damn thing fell off the a second time in as many minutes I tightened it better and the screw sheared off. Fantastic. Any ideas? Drill it out I guess? Send angry correspondence to Skywatcher.
      Its now stuck to my Scopetech Mount Zero.

• By Maideneer
      For the life of me, I cannot figure this out.  Got to take out my setup last night for only the second time as it's been cloudy for weeks and I've been trying in vain to align my Skywatcher AZ-GTi mount to no avail.  I'm using it in ALT-AZ mode for now, and I've probably researched every article and watched every Youtube vid I could find and still nothing is working...I feel like I'm stupidly dense or something because there is something just not clicking in the cranium.
      I thought I was supposed to point the dang thing north to start so that's what I did, err, I think anyway.  Am I pointing the wrong end north? See picture.  Also, I'm reading that the actual scope has to be mounted a certain way on the mount correct?  Which way would that be?  I've read all of this left/right stuff and those directionals mean nothing to me as it depends on someone's viewpoint.  When I aimed north to start, I attempted to align by directing SynScan to go to the Moon first, and that took it so far off course it wasn't even close, it was basically pointing at the ground.  I reset and tried again with another start (Vega I believe)...again, wasn't even in the realm of close.  I made sure my location settings were correct in the app so that wasn't the issue.
      Here's how I got something to "work".  I had it track to the moon and when it was essentially pointing at the ground and who knows how many degrees from my actual target, I picked the whole thing up, turned it around, manually aligned to the moon and then clicked OK on the app.  I felt like a ridiculous clown doing that but somehow it actually managed to do the trick but something tells me that isn't right on a long term basis.
      I'm thinking about getting SkySafari to control the mount but I should probably master the basics first.
      Tips/tricks appreciated.

• By CATLUC
      Hello
      A mosaïc of two pictures on Clavius.
      When the sky is cooperative we have a lot of fun. But it never lasts long.
      At 75% : 
      http://www.astrosurf.com/uploads/monthly_2021_05/608ee74cef7bb_CLAVIUSPORTERRUTHERFURD2204202120H40NEWTON625MMBARLOW5FILTREIR685QHY5III178M75LUCCATHALA.jpg.a45b50062e39d4fdc3ce9528e14d814b.jpg
      At 100% :
      http://www.astrosurf.com/uploads/monthly_2021_05/608ee75db4792_CLAVIUSPORTERRUTHERFURD2204202120H40NEWTON625MMBARLOW5FILTREIR685QHY5III178M100LUCCATHALA.jpg.633985d02a12f3ad006cc9aff123fdda.jpg

Just Rutherfurd alone because with its internal relief I find it very interesting.

Clear skies.
      Luc
    • By Maideneer
      This is going to seem ridiculous to some but that’s ok. I got my very first telescope just last week and the weather has been absolutely horrible so I’ve only been able to use it twice so far, for about 20 minutes each time.
      I have a simple Celestron TS 70 on an AZ-GTi mount with some better EP’s and a good 90 degree diagonal and a neutral density filter. Keep in mind, I know next to nothing so far about AP so this is INCREDIBLY crude. Taken with an iPhone with an 8mm EP (IIRC) with horrific cloud cover and about 5 seconds to capture it before it was unseen again.
      Forget the quality, the point is it gave me confidence to keep going with this hobby for the long term. Thanks for reading.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.