Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AS!2 alignment point sizes

Space Cowboy

Good point Neil yes I remember the edge rule. That requires manually placing them which often produces cracks for me unless I only use a handful of points.

50 is the smallest I use though recently I've used 100 so looking at these results I shall try 50 again on my last couple of captures. My gut feeling is that larger points work better on smaller stacks so if seeing is below average and you only stack say 10% then its best to use larger points else you get those cracks. 

So many variables depending on the stack size, APs , wavelets and seeing conditions.

Good point Neil yes I remember the edge rule. That requires manually placing them which often produces cracks for me unless I only use a handful of points.

50 is the smallest I use though recently I've used 100 so looking at these results I shall try 50 again on my last couple of captures. My gut feeling is that larger points work better on smaller stacks so if seeing is below average and you only stack say 10% then its best to use larger points else you get those cracks. 

So many variables depending on the stack size, APs , wavelets and seeing conditions.

Well I am trying AP size 50 next.  Might compare against 70. Always been 70 75 for me. Wonder what the optimum amount of points is on a image around 6meters ?

Great thread chaps !

Just a little note for newbie imagers (note to self) ...

After sifting through the info here, I kind of feel that I could have got more from the avi.s I've captured so far.

Unfortunately I deleted them to save space on my lappy :huh: 

Dont delete captures until you really are sure you're done ! 

I have in the past wondered if the AP size should relate to the overall image size at all.

James

That could be True James. But don't forget many of us are working at  FLs that we use time and again. So unless a big jump in FL is used  the settings for a lot of us tend to remain constant I would have thought. Though yes ive read what your saying from Emil himself too.

Archived