SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hydrogen Horsehead with colour added

steppenwolf

A fantastic image Steve and well framed. :rolleyes:

I have been trying to image this tonight but I keep getting cloud and rain showers all I got was 18min of exposure. There’s always tomorrow night I suppose. :D

Regards,

Roy

Are those halos from processing?

Sadly not, the lens, although a good one, is at the end of the day a 200mm camera lens and not an APO so the halos are lens induced - they appear on the individual subs of the RGB images as well. Unfortunately with the sensor size I have, this is currently my only method of getting wide field images!

Are those halos from processing?

Sadly not, the lens, although a good one, is at the end of the day a 200mm camera lens and not an APO so the halos are lens induced - they appear on the individual subs of the RGB images as well. Unfortunately with the sensor size I have, this is currently my only method of getting wide field images!

I think they ad atmosphere personally :D :thumbup:

I was disappointed with the halos around the stars on this LRGB image so have now replaced the RGB with a new set of data but I cannot decide which image I prefer overall!

This LRGB lark is not as straightforward as I had assumed it would be!

horsehead_070108_lrgb_2.jpg

Archived