Lidl Binoculars

You get a 30 day no quibble replace or refund guarantee so deffo worth trying out a pair. Make sure they are well collimated though. I got a pair a couple of years ago (they were Rockwell brand - re-badged Bressers) and they've only just gone out of collimation. But I tried 3 pairs outside the store first and kept going back in to exchange till I was happy lol.

Once you have a good pair - you'll find they are sharp and contrasty with only a tinge of CA. They make very nice wide field observing glasses for open and double clusters especially. You'll see Jupiter and moons (but no banding). You will see Andromeda as a smudge with them, and they're smashing for daytime use and birding. Just don't think of them as permanent cos, as grab and go, they will loose collimation eventually. But for the throw away price it's a no brainer.  :)

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I took the mother-in-law to the Planetarium at Wynyard in the North East a couple of weeks ago and i'm hooked. I didn't want to go daft with expensive Bino's but i think i may give them a miss and look elsewhere. Any suggestions welcome!

I've had a few bikes, Gixxer's, Fireblade and a 916.

Thanks again

Lee :smiley:

I really would avoid zoom binoculars though. They always sound ideal but at low magnification the field of view is limited and at higher magnifications they just don't work well.

You would be better off with some straight 10x50s which Lidl do from time to time. Or perhaps look for something second hand.

Richard

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have considered buying that (as it's a Bit cheaper here) but the Reviews regarding astronomy where Mixed.

Useful up to Medium magnification, and probably great for Day use given the price. But for the same price you can get firstcope / heritage 76p clones... They have thier flaws but more aperture and probably better at 60x too if you have a decent eyepiece.

Binoculars have a whole different application, low magnification is key to view some objects.

Lidl had decent binoculars given their price (bresser fixed 8x60 and 10x50) but you may want to look around at first light optics for example?

Archived