Here i want to share my first attempt of M31

post-32167-0-77402500-1385370214_thumb.j

The equipment was:

Skyliner 200P FlexTube GOTO

Canon 1100D

5 shots x 30"

ISO1600

The tracking went a bit off.

Thanks to my friend Rihard for all the tips and tricks and for the final photoshopping :)

Really nice. Lots of light capture. Excellent work. And an inspiration for others with a GOTO Dobsonian-mounted Newtonian.

James

Thank you James.

I had the time to get just few shots because the moon was coming up and i was standing in front of the scope trying to cover it from the moonlight lollll :)

In the same night i have also got the double cluster:

post-32167-0-15745300-1385371897_thumb.j

ISO 800, 20 x 30"

very good - better than my 1st attempt. Interesting to see the different field of view from my little 130P - that's definitely interesting. Nice image!

your subs were 5 x 30s?

If for subs you mean Light Frames then yes, i did just 5 x 30".

I will try again without the menace of the moonlight :p

Yes, I hope I'm using the right terminology here. ahh 30'' = 30s, understand your terminology now, I'm only used to seeing that for angles not time but time and angles are related in the sky anyway.

Moonlight is a pain isn't it.

I keep forgetting to take darks, and I've never tried a light frame. Will wait until I have new OTA before really going through the whole process methodically, I'll want to re-image everything I've done to date anyway.

Great image. It's very bright for just 30s, I've been using considerably longer on M31 but need to experiment more on this.

Absolutely and man, I had a serious big hit of Astro-Dope last night at around 12.30am when, after a great deal of head scratching and fumbling to set-up the new equipment, I hit the review button on the back of the camera to see my first ever guided sub.... Wow, pin-sharp!

Archived