Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Nov 13th 2013

Space Cowboy

Thanks Michael.

Cheers Simon yes its called hybrid vigor lol  If we had weather like Spain or Greece I'd go full mono in a heart beat but I'm happy to keep using the "3rd way" for the time being.

Just getting to grips with the QHY on Jupiter as it behaves differently to the DFK and appears to need very low gain settings to get the best out of it. Weirdly this was not an issue on Saturn.

Lovely image there Stuart. How did you rate your seeing during this session?

Pete

Nice image Stuart great processing.

Interesting question. I am also interested in Petes question, As I suspect a huge Jet stream was over the uk Last night. Last time I thought this  it appeared to have substance from many posters on SGL. But I am suspecting Petes location might have faired better ? Mainly from hes question here ? ( am I right )  If so I wonder what causes local jet streams ?  ill post a example of a good jet stream last night guys. its more interesting than the images I got maybe ?

Good work Stuart whats your thoughts on the test. pm later.

Thanks Pete. Seeing was pretty decent especially in the middle when I used the DFK then went off at the end so I was surprised to read others had it rough.

Cheers Neil need to practice more with different gain settings and image scales with the QHY but using gain below 50% looks the best bet which feels weird as I've never gone below 50% with the DFK. Clearly running the QHY at 100fps is not working as the noise level is too high even though I've only had gain at 50%. Maybe upping the scale rather than the frame rate is the way to go especially when seeing is decent.

Here is a DFK shot with Io :

gallery_4016_230_33967.png

DFK has finer detail but also better seeing. As we would expect then.

From what I am learning from you all, ( seem like the only one with a DMK )  these Cmoss chips are more sensitive. But the high frame rates suit bigger scopes perhaps ?

Nice shots prefer the DFK  shot because of the seeing.

Archived