Clear Skies Tonight

Pig

According to the forecast we are in for some clear skies all the way through the night - woo whooo :grin:

Only 3 degrees though so we will have to wrap up nice and warm and get them dew shields switched on  :cool:

Mind you it shows sunshine all day and it is as grey as ever here at the moment !!

Oops wrong forum :shocked:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed for you, Shaun. It's been pretty ordinary here over the past few days, but looks like we might catch a little break tonight also. Hope you get to squeeze some observing in! You have a new toy you're wanting to test out, right?

Fingers crossed for you, Shaun. It's been pretty ordinary here over the past few days, but looks like we might catch a little break tonight also. Hope you get to squeeze some observing in! You have a new toy you're wanting to test out, right?

Yes it will be very welcomed, I think its only been a week or so since the last clear night :smiley:

I must admit I am itching to try out the new gadget properly :grin:

Yes it will be very welcomed, I think its only been a week or so since the last clear night :smiley:

I must admit I am itching to try out the new gadget properly :grin:

I bet. I managed to just get in about 15 minutes of looking at the moon through the 3.7mm Ethos for the first time, prior to the clouds rolling back on in. Wow!!

Looking great here too, I'm off work today too. More opportunity to try out my 2 new Deloi, and some Messier hunting to do :D.

Its a pity I didn't have tomorrow off aswell, I could have stayed up all the way through the night :smiley:

The moon should be well out the way by about 1am.

I think my plan will be to view and image the moon in the early eve, get some kip, and get up early to see Mr Jupiter and Mrs Orion Nebula for hopefully a great start to the day.

The moon should be well out the way by about 1am.

I think my plan will be to view and image the moon in the early eve, get some kip, and get up early to see Mr Jupiter and Mrs Orion Nebula for hopefully a great start to the day.

That sounds like a plan Luke, I may go to bed for the rest of the day and spend the night outside :smiley:  but I might not aswell :smiley:

Clouds have actually cleared, so I've had a decent hour or so at the scope. Moonlight is kinda killing most things other than the moon :)

Actually, have caught a couple of nice globs... It's nice just to get out, irrespective really.

Supposed to be clear here too :-) (fingers crossed) not really had chance too use my new heritage,since I got it last week. My main aim is too spot comet lovejoy but I'm going to be looking at the sky in General too. Clear skies too you all :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yep... Just checking Accuweather and Sky news Weather and they both

say the same thing.. I reckon it's time to pull out my 12" and do a bit of lunar

imaging and then later a bit of deep sky... Fingers Crossed

Also comet ISON will be making an early morning appearance in close proximity to Porrima

in Virgo... It should be a naked eye object as it's up to Mag 3 or 4..

Around 5.30am-6.30am is the best time to view this.

Happy hunting.

Cheers Roy

Archived