SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Building my own pier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Craig............. :hello1: Instead of buildingup ground level, why build a small area of decking round it?

Anyhoo, let me know when you want me armed with me 'Big Drill' and we'll get the pier top on.........

Cheers,

Gary

I did suggest decking but Susan does not want it :D It will be OK, once the paving is down and we can always lower the height of the top of the pier as well. Any night you are free just give me a shout and we can get started!

Well, Gary came over tonight and we mounted the pier head on the pillar 8) Really looks the part now 8) 8)

Still need to get it painted black but other than that it's complete :D

I am very chuffed with it, thanks again to Gary for all his help with this.

Here are a couple of images taken tonight, Oh! and we lowered the height of it a little and it is now purfect!!!

We did a polar drift alignment with WCS and then a capture of Mars with the 3X Barlow, everything looks sweeet! Just processing the Mars image now....

3928_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3929_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It is looking great, finally got it painted yesterday and stuck the HEQ5 head on it this morning (Too windy for the 'scopes!). One slight problem is the paint does not seem very hard and the HEQ5 head has scraped it back to bare metal! I touched it up afterwards but am not sure if it is going to continually happen :D I may have to get hold of some gasket paper and make my own gasket :lol:

Other than that slight problem it really is great, I will get some finished piccies up here one the weather is good enough for me to get everything set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived