Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 hours of startrails

Abit gutted last night as it was perfectly clear but had prior arrangements made to go to someones party (girlfriend made me) so just set the dslr up with a 18mm lens in the garden and let it snap away. this is the longest startrails pic iv managed so far. It was a nice change from setting up the scope/polar aligning mount/focusing/framing/guiding/ wires etc!

10777225216_35f0835e8f_b.jpg

thanks for the comments, they are 30 sec subs, i used a cable release and just locked it so it kept snapping away, used live view to focus in manual on a bright star, and used a program called startrails which does all the hard work for you. I used a dew tape wrapped round the lens to stop dew forming.

yeah last time i tried a star trail a couple months ago i was getting hit with dew after half hour :(

hi when you have finished seting up put a bin liner around all your gear with your lens poking out a hole get some of those heat pads for your back attach to camera lens inside the bag and it will stop the dew all night :)

Archived