Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meteorite Stolen

Rockrae78

Hi All, 

Mods: not sure if I've put this in the right place, so please feel free to move.

I attended the NW Astro Fest on Saturday and at the evening do, it was announced that someone had taken a piece of meteorite from the raffle table.

I've been to loads of events and star parties, and I can honestly say that I've never met a bunch of more honest people, so I was shocked and dismayed to hear this.  

post-24939-0-13516900-1382917383_thumb.j

Please can you all keep an eye out on the various buy/sell sites that we use and let the organiser know if you see anything regarding this item?

He is Andrew Davies and can be contacted via the Knowledge Observatory: contact@theknowledgeobservatory

or via Twitter: @KnowledgeObs, @NWAstroFest2013, @ADavies915

or even via PM on here: adavies660

It is an awful thing to think that some one from our hobby would have anything to do with something like this. What are the chances that the person responsible knows what it is they have. Would it be possible to break this up in to smaller pieces and flog them on eBay? If so then surely it will never be recovered.

what ! I went on sunday I met the ones at the stall and they were lovely to be fair, telling me to hold them as they don't bite. theres some horrible people out there

It was those guys on that stall that kindly donated that meteorite for the charity raffle.  They also very kindly donated another piece after that one was stolen.  Much kudos to them.

It was those guys on that stall that kindly donated that meteorite for the charity raffle.  They also very kindly donated another piece after that one was stolen.  Much kudos to them.

i know they told me about it, the raffle that is, but my mind was on my new delos from the widescreen store.very nice chaps

Archived