Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEADS UP SCAM WARNING

robbie c

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's certainly suspicious that an identical telescope (with the same photo but a different seller) was previously for sale with a location of New York.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_gUa7Qg_vqcJ:www.ebay.com/itm/JMI-NGT-w-NGC-12-5-f4-5-Split-Ring-Equatorial-Telescope-/121182719875+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Looks more then a little wrong, since when is Worcks email a gmail account, and one that is ebays4you. That would mean they work for google. A new unopened scope made in 2001 that has been around?

Anyone want to post a question about payment?

Bet they want to not bother with Paypal.

Sent him an email:

Dear Sir

I am interested in your telescope for sale on ebay and wondered if you could answer me some additional questions.

I work in a school for blind children and hope to use this instrument to assist in teaching them about our universe.  As such, please could you advise whether there are any audible eyepieces supplied with it?

Where in the UK are you, I will be travelling from Trumpton to collect it unless you are able to post it of course.

Our last telescope was quite disappointing due to it only having a half cut Chegwin joint.  Please can you confirm that the Chegwin joint is fully cut and mounted above the Manilow's ring assembly?

Finally can you advice whether assembly is required or if it is completely made up?

Many Thanks

As usual with these account hijackers, they have lots of new listings with a variety of stuff from diving helmets to Korg keyboards, all of which can be bought for £1300.

All of these items are usually worth way in excess of the £1300 the "seller" is asking.

Reporting their listings is the only way to stop them

Heh no harm done as long as you haven't handed over 1300 quid  :laugh:

Be lucky to have 13 quid to my name at the moment after buying my new scope ! He definitely is upto something, some of those items are not worth £1300.

Be lucky to have 13 quid to my name at the moment after buying my new scope ! He definitely is upto something, some of those items are not worth £1300.

Oh blimey. Be warned, that's only the start of it.

Sent him an email:

Dear Sir
I am interested in your telescope for sale on ebay and wondered if you could answer me some additional questions.
I work in a school for blind children and hope to use this instrument to assist in teaching them about our universe.  As such, please could you advise whether there are any audible eyepieces supplied with it?
Where in the UK are you, I will be travelling from Trumpton to collect it unless you are able to post it of course.
Our last telescope was quite disappointing due to it only having a half cut Chegwin joint.  Please can you confirm that the Chegwin joint is fully cut and mounted above the Manilow's ring assembly?

Finally can you advice whether assembly is required or if it is completely made up?

Many Thanks

Ah yes, you can never be too careful with the old Chegwin joint. Brilliant! :grin:

You can't win against a cheg. Cheg wins every time. Splitting its ring won't stop it from winning.

It's funny how these scammers get hung up on one thing, like the number 1300 in this case. A while back it was all 'Patrick.' We had 'Dr Mustapha Patrick' and 'Mrs FitzPatrick' and 'Patrick Aziz' and so on and on and on, all wanting to reserve for three months. They were usually eminent doctors. Odd, but I know a few eminent doctors and they don't refer to themselves as eminent doctors and, oddly enough, none of them is called Patrick. I did wonder if it had something to do with Sir PM but I don't think so. My wife's website (she's a professional painter) had lots of claptrap from Mrs FItzPatrick, some of it clearly generated by hand.

I wonder who they are? Do we know? It would be nice to have webcams in their cells so that net surfers could be sure that the cockroach population was up to international norms...

Olly

Archived