Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cederblad 214 in narrowband

Epicycle

Hi,

I've now added some oiii to my earlier Ha data and here is the outcome.

Details:

-19x20m Ha and 37x20m Oiii

-Megrez 72 & SXVR-H9

-Heq5

-Processed in PI and StarTools.

I have the feeling the blue in the middle is too heavy handed, comments? Thanks for looking!

cheers

E.

Link to high resolution image: http://www.astrobin.com/full/60481/?mod=none

post-25876-0-81813200-1381997506_thumb.j

I think the colours are fine and overall it's a very nice image - some may think the blue is too intense but this palette sits OK with me. As always the colours are personal preferences and as we know you can just about tweak any image to any colour especially if using narrowband filters/processing. These orange/blue narrowband combos work well in my opinion.

Martin

Nothing wrong with the blue in this one, I quite like it!

Perhaps the only bit of blue that needs attention is that contained within the background levels. Which could be fixed by clipping the B channel black level a bit more, just have a fiddle about with levels to see what you get.

Nothing wrong with the blue in this one, I quite like it!

Perhaps the only bit of blue that needs attention is that contained within the background levels. Which could be fixed by clipping the B channel black level a bit more, just have a fiddle about with levels to see what you get.

That's a good suggestion, I guess I over-stretched the oiii (which was weak!) in an attempt to pick up some colour

and that shows in the background as well.

thats a stunning object i really like the pillars of dust.

It is an amazing object and it's huge. I guess now that I look at it again, some of the pillars are too blue...

I think that's lovely - I love colours like that :)

Thanks Gina!

Excellent, the second is much nicer, you could have told me its done with equipment 10x the cost and I'd believe you, its a really good image..

very good result...

Thanks Coco!  I guess a proper triplet will be my next upgrade. For Ha the Megrez 72 copes quite well, it's a different matter in LRGB particularly with

the B,

looks good to me in the full res image

the smaller image seems to be a bit blue

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes, probably it could use another colour tweak.

Archived