Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first clear night since i got my scope

wayneh

Hi all i had the first clear skys since i got me scope over 2 weeks ago. Moon was bright so could not see much but saying that the moon was good to look at :-). I also found M57 have to say did not think i would get that good of a view with it , but well happy. Cant wait for me new pan view to turn up. all in all a great night was had. note to self need a hat..

cheers wayne

Hi all i had the first clear skys since i got me scope over 2 weeks ago. Moon was bright so could not see much but saying that the moon was good to look at :-). I also found M57 have to say did not think i would get that good of a view with it , but well happy. Cant wait for me new pan view to turn up. all in all a great night was had. note to self need a hat..

cheers wayne

wayneh.........On your telescopes dust cap, there  should, what appears to be, two smaller caps? One of these will  prise off and sits over the other for storage. This effectively reduces the light entering the scope, allowing you to see the Moon at a lower light level. Its still frikin bright though!

wayneh.........On your telescopes dust cap, there  should, what appears to be, two smaller caps? One of these will  prise off and sits over the other for storage. This effectively reduces the light entering the scope, allowing you to see the Moon at a lower light level. Its still frikin bright though!

This will also unfortunately cut down the resolution of your scope making fine detail much harder to see. You are better off ramping up the mag if you find the moon is too bright for your eyes. Get the exit pupil smaller that'll soon cut down the surface brightness :)

Congratulations and well done on your first session with the scope. Yes the moon can be really bright! Some people don't mind the brightness, some use a filter to reduce it. Personally I prefer to use a variable polarizer such as this: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/moon-neutral-density-filters/variable-polarizing-moon-filter.html . 

Archived