NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If there's only one type of objects you can look at...

emadmoussa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is a bit like being asked, from your Christmas dinner plate, what one item would you choose to eat, at the expense of everything else (and yep I love sprouts too).

Whilst globular / open clusters hold my attention for the longest periods, as they can be so spell binding, my 'roast potatoe' will have to be galaxies, simply because most of my observing now takes place at dark locations and because they captivate an almost childhood like sense of mystery.

I would've said galaxies or globs before but as time passes im increasingly finding myself thinking planets.  Certainly im geared up for deep sky objects as much as I can be but thankfully my kit also works well on planets.

We really need to get early evening major planets back in the sky.  Feels like months since Saturn left the sky and I've yet to see Jupiter this time around.  Very much antipcating Mars after having not seen it for over a year.

Archived