NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's gone awful here too, only a couple of clear patches. Poor night so it's the bottom of a glass for me

I'm with you on that one Damian, just started my first glass! :)

Had a lovely day in York, followed by a meal at Pizza Express with my mum and the kids.

Was hoping for an hour's viewing on my return home, however the clouds have really descended.

So, I've joined the club and poured myself a nice cold beer, whilst I watch the end of the snooker :)

you could also user a smaller aperture setting (higher F Number)

that's assuming you were using a lens and not the dslr on the scope of course

Yes, I was using the 75-300mm lens, at the 300mm setting. I think it automatically sets to F5.6 at 300mm, however I still have a lot to read through and learn. It's all good fun :)

Right, weather for Friday, sunny spells and patchy cloud, there is a small possibility we could get a session in.

I have checked the weather and it's crystal clear 22 degrees ;-)

Have a good holiday Damian, I won't mention the m*rr*r :-)

Cheers Ian,I promised an update of the rather stubborn piece of glass yesterday but never got round to it so I'll try my best to do it this evening

Have a good holiday Damian. Hope u have a relaxing time and come back ready to sort out that glass Mark

Cheers Mark. Off tomorrow but I'll pop on and let you all know what the skies are like from time to time as there are plenty of places to hop on't net ;-)

Archived