NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dash!

not going to be able to make it tonight, hire car company ran out of decent sized estates and have given me a VW Passat. Being a hatchback I cant get the dob in it - should have seen me twisting and turning the base around like some form of krypton factor contestant. But it just wont go in!

So going to be stuck with the back garden this evening.

I got up to withernsea with the illusion that the back yard was huge, turns out there's just enough room for the scope to fit in, luckily I will be able to polar align and get North, SW, and NE views, so I've got it all pretty much set up so it will have plenty of time to cool down for tonight, I'll get all the gubbins on it a few hours before and fingers crossed get my first guided imaging sesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got up to withernsea with the illusion that the back yard was huge, turns out there's just enough room for the scope to fit in, luckily I will be able to polar align and get North, SW, and NE views, so I've got it all pretty much set up so it will have plenty of time to cool down for tonight, I'll get all the gubbins on it a few hours before and fingers crossed get my first guided imaging sesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read something that was a little bit disheartening. Not sure if any of you have perused the other parts of this forum, but I seem to get about quite a bit and notice names and post's quite a bit especially where observing reports go.

A prolific dob owner Daniel K has decided to sell all his gear and is giving up astronomy.He cites the very poor winter we've had as the main reason.  A very sad day me thinks  :cry:

i was in my back garden for an hour last night - but the sky quality was absolutely atrocious and gave up. As i walked back to the garage, there was a distinct orange halo around the street lights and a white cloud across the way from a security light. Properly murky low down, even though it looked crystal clear with no twinkling stars.

off to germany again today, so wont be out for the rest of the week or at kielder - so have a great time guys n gals.

i was in my back garden for an hour last night - but the sky quality was absolutely atrocious and gave up. As i walked back to the garage, there was a distinct orange halo around the street lights and a white cloud across the way from a security light. Properly murky low down, even though it looked crystal clear with no twinkling stars.

off to germany again today, so wont be out for the rest of the week or at kielder - so have a great time guys n gals.

I noticed the amount of moisture in the air under the street lights and it looked as you said orange glow or what!

Shame your not able to get up to kielder

Archived