Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How much would you sell this for?

Mamsoth

Just been given a Helios 114mm reflector with tripod by a friend (this is a pic of the same setup, hope the person doesn't mind me using their photo)

...$(KGrHqFHJFQFIhqc2YSHBSO0n,vKJQ~~60_12.J

The optics are in good condition, so I was wondering, how much would one of these fetch if I were going to sell it? 

No ep's or anything included, just the tripod, tube and finderscope.

Cheers

never used this scope before but have used a skyhawk which was ok for moon, planets and brighter messiers. this one will not be quite as good optics as the skywatcher but I doubt there will be a huge difference if they are properly collimated, but there's the problem its a bird jones which may be difficult for a beginner to collimate properly.

you have asked what this is worth and you have had replys for around 50 quid you now have it for sale in our classified for 100 a bit naughty don't you think

Shot in the foot though as anybody searching will reveal this thread along with the suggested price range .....

it's his scope so he can try to sell it for whatever. personally, if I were given a scope like this for free, I'd try to find a young new astronomer who is after a scope to try to encourage him / her into the hobby and pass it on. that said, it's his scope so his choice.

it's his scope so he can try to sell it for whatever. personally, if I were given a scope like this for free, I'd try to find a young new astronomer who is after a scope to try to encourage him / her into the hobby and pass it on. that said, it's his scope so his choice.

I like the thought...it's worth recruiting more aspiring youngsters for the cause.

Archived