NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

White light Sun, 4th September

JamesF

Two days on the trot! Been some time since I managed that. After an exceptionally autumnal start to the day with heavy fog and visibility down to a few tens of metres the sky eventually cleared this afternoon and I got out to grab some shots. Lost a few to cloud, but not that many.

sun-2013-09-04-small.png

120 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100, 450D & 127 Mak. Preprocessed with PIPP and 40 of 110 stacked in Registax v6.

James

Oooh, I just realised that at the start of this month I passed my first solar imaging anniversary :) In that year I managed 71 white light images, which is better than I'd have guessed.

On a related solar note it's also the anniversary of having our solar PV installed. I must go and check how it's doing...

James

Out of the 70 were 20 taken on holiday? :lol:

I think a good dozen probably were :D

On the other hand it was blazing hot here too when we were away, so I might have managed something similar if we'd stayed at home.

James

Archived