Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun In White Light 26-08-2013. 09:45

Steve Ward

The cloud and mist that ruined last nights planned session eventually burnt off , only to reveal very poor seeing ... Double Grumpy ... :mad:

Wanted decent conditions for first lights on the 1100D and Starshoot IV but there , at least it was sunny ... :grin:

1100D performed as expected , once I'd updated DPP to unlock 200+ frames with a slightly different RAW format ... :rolleyes:

And the Orion Starshoot IV looks promising , though it'll naturally need good seeing to perform well at focal lengths of 2700/5400mm .

P26-8-13.png

P26-8-13Close-Up.png

1100D + ED80Pro / Starshoot IV + Mak180Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

1/400s @ ISO 100 , 30/200+ , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin....rs/steveward53/

Very nice, Steve :smiley: Congrats on the first lights, may the new cams serve you well.

While we were viewing the big spot Sarah told me to look at the edge - there was a big spot coming into view on the limb, not quite as big as the monster, but looked a decent size. White light is shaping up nicely again :laugh:

Very nice Steve, plenty of detail despite the poor seeing.

The main active region was looking lovely today I thought, but also interesting was the region above that. Visually there were about 6 or so tiny spots dotted amongst the faculae, not seem anything like that before.

Always nice to see an image of the sun as it was when observing it so thank you for posting it.

Cheers,

Stu

Very nice Steve, especially the close up. You seem to have a back of extracting good detail out of the poor seeing. I had a go in white light today, the first for a long while, don't suppose the results will be up to your standards though.

Robin

Archived