NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-170, CTB1 and a little something else

swag72

Following on from my first image of CTB1, I decided to do a second pane above it to see what the filamentary structure was at the top of the image. I have been rewarded as follows. The two pane mosaic shows the supernova remnant CTB1 at the bottom of the picture. In the middle of the image there is an area of new filamentary structures which is a candidate for a new supernova remnant. At the top of the picture is Sh2-170.

The area shown is here http://www.aanda.org...187-04.fig.html

The area top left of CTB1 has been confirmed as a shell rupture.

I am definitely planning a colour version of this! I welcome any comments that you may have - I hope that you find this as interesting as I do!!

Details

M: HEQ5

T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x

C: Atik 460EX mono 3nm Ha filter

Pane 1 - 24x1800s Ha

Pane 2 - 19x1800s Ha

post-5681-0-37795500-1376390659_thumb.jp

You can see a full res version here http://www.flickr.co...g72/9499344483/

Excellent as usual!

Gets more & more interesting as you add the panes Sara, already this 2 pane is pretty impressive!

Martin

Cheers Martin - It's not getting any bigger!!!

Yes, it is very interesting! Great objects captured excellently!

Thank you :smiley:

Absolutely superb Sara - looking forward to the addition of colour on this image

Lovely :) I'll be looking forward to seeing the colour version :)

Thanks Francis and Gina - I think the colour will take a while, the moon is starting to get a little big for my liking. One more night of RGB then that's it for a while.

Archived