NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 with the ED80

pixueto

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Some good detail there. More than I can seem to grab. How many and what length subs are you using?

That's 1 hour and 47 minutes made of 4 minute subs. I also used a CLS light pollution filter.

I'm surprised about the light gradient; it normally goes away with Pixinsght Lite but this time the icolour in the mage fades when I apply it.

I had actually managed to remove the gradient with Pixinsight but I found that it also removed most of the colour. You can see a comparison here. I wanted to get the sky dark while keeping the colours in the galaxy intact but I'm really struggling with that.

post-18331-0-54760300-1376277228_thumb.j

post-18331-0-77643100-1376277248_thumb.j

Have you got the. DSS tiff file I'd love to have a crack at the processing for you -_-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Quartermass. This is the link to the file in my dropbox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81776321/M31%20ihr%2047m%2033%20s%20embedded.TIF

Pity is only a stack of 1 hour and 47 minutes. I'm so rusty that I lost 2 hours aligning the finder and the ED80 so I could use the Bahtinov and start guiding -I haven't got a diagonal for the ED80 and I only use it with the canon 1100D.

Also the Rosette fits nicely but I didn't have the chance this winter as it's

Oops forgot to turn round but then again its upside down in my scope

That ed80 is perfect for M31 :D

Also the Rosette and the Horsehed would look nice with the ED80 but I didn't manage to have a go as this winter it's been overcast nearly every night.

Yes a good choice O should have done that while I had my Ed80 but hey ho can allways do a big mosaic with my good old 200p :D

I haven't had the chance to use the ED80 much but I must say that I prefer my SW200P too. Aren't out there small newtonians which can be used for prime focus astrophotography?

Archived