Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 with the ED80

pixueto

I got so used to using my 200p it just feels right now and I cant say I miss the ED80 now I have sold it on, I like Newtonian style telescopes they just feel right to me and I actually enjoy colminating them and cleaning the mirrors wiping of the dw etc.

My next purchase will more then likely be this little gem the sky watcher 130pds what a tasty little scope this is.

10219-skywatcher-explorer-130pds-telescope-OTA.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got so used to using my 200p it just feels right now and I cant say I miss the ED80 now I have sold it on, I like Newtonian style telescopes they just feel right to me and I actually enjoy colminating them and cleaning the mirrors wiping of the dw etc.

My next purchase will more then likely be this little gem the sky watcher 130pds what a tasty little scope this is.

10219-skywatcher-explorer-130pds-telescope-OTA.jpg

Very nice indeed! However, its focal length is still a bit too much for many nice targets there, isn't it? I'm thinking about the Rosette, Heart nebula, Andromeda, California, etc.

Is there a newtonian equivalent to the ED80 focal length which can be used for prime focus astrophotography? Either with SW direct connection or 2'' connection? The small ones come with small eyepieces only.

Indeed. I just can't stop thinking that a 3'' newtonian and 600mm FL that could take 2" eyepieces with enough room to achieve focus with a DSLR would give cracking widefield images.It would be cheap too. Is there such a scope?

Archived