Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sunflower Galaxy in Canes Venatici, medium light-polluted skies

AstroAndy

The Sunflower Galaxy in Canes Venatici, 1hr and 36min worth of exposure, 3x 5min, and 27x3min with the Brightstar Mammut Lyuba color CCD on a SW 200P EQ5 motorized mount, guiding with QHY5 and PHD, processing w/ DSS PS, gradient removed with the ME subtraction tool. I think this came out allright, even captured some of the faint nebulosity around the galaxy.

post-26582-0-44296300-1375166203_thumb.j

The Sunflower Galaxy in Canes Venatici, 1hr and 36min worth of exposure, 3x 5min, and 27x3min with the Brightstar Mammut Lyuba color CCD on a SW 200P EQ5 motorized mount, guiding with QHY5 and PHD, processing w/ DSS PS, gradient removed with the ME subtraction tool. I think this came out allright, even captured some of the faint nebulosity around the galaxy.

Hi,

Great image, you have done very well to capture it as is too low, from my location anyway as it dissapears behind my neighbour's trees about 12.00 am . I would have loved to be able to tackle this Galaxy.

Regards,

A.G

Ty, Peter, in a few 100 ys., I'll take pix. like on your site,. A.G, thanks, this is data fr a few months back, just processed differently w/ gradient removal, at that time, it was higher up in the sky, aye, Gina, I seem to have it in for spiral galaxies, they're my fave DSOs, I'd like to get more time on it, once I learn to stay on one object all night..and thanks to you, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived