NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Island

Pig

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After waking up this morning, all starry eyed :shocked: :shocked: I have suddenly realised this island has to be sponsored by the rest of the world, so we don't have to get out of bed until we want to and everything is paid for :grin: :grin: :grin:

this idea is more do-able than u think: the self-imposed exile of the world's amateur astronomers to a single island is probably something the rest of the world would gladly stump up for !!!

not necessarily we're talking fantasy why not Laputa or Aeolia

I watched something recently about building artificial floating 'island' cities, so building one that was more countryside and less city should be even more viable really. It was theoretically built of floating sections or blocks that could even seperate and move away from serious storms and relocate, reconnect and so on, was very interesting. This is clearly the way to go for Astronomy Island!

Also, no need for a ban on electricity, simply a ban on outside lighting over a certain level (IE hand held torches).

Some very good ideas coming in,

Ibraidwo - I am surprised we missed the clouds for so long into the string :laugh: How embarrassing would that have been, a cloudy island designed by astronomers :Envy:

Steve & Sally - You missed me off the false gods list :shocked:

Watchman - The floating Island sounds good as long as it doesn't float to far as we may get sea sick :Envy:

Stargazer - You just saved our lives, shoes are a must have :grin:

1) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours telescope

2) Thou shalt not bear false witness when selling on AB&S (eg.TV Radian boxed only used twice!)

3) Thou shalt not worship false idols (Brian Cox and Daragh O'Brien)

4) Thou shalt keep the cloudless night holy

5) Honour your Nagler and Ethos

Number 3 - If we are going to have a false god it has to be Cyclops :smiley:

Who better to represent astronomers with that huge eye :smiley:

I'm not sure if his hooves would be much use when changing lenses

Actually I would vote FOR clouds. We need rain. Sorry I'd like to have my own veggy garden out back. Also since we are going to be more southernly we could grow citrus trees which need lots of water. But we could have it only rain between dawn and dusk.

I also like my lightning shots.

Oh and can't forget double rainbows lol.

Actually I would vote FOR clouds. We need rain. Sorry I'd like to have my own veggy garden out back. Also since we are going to be more southernly we could grow citrus trees which need lots of water. But we could have it only rain between dawn and dusk.

I also like my lightning shots.

Oh and can't forget double rainbows lol.

I think we may have our first volunteer for the stocks :grin:

After waking up this morning, all starry eyed :shocked: :shocked: I have suddenly realised this island has to be sponsored by the rest of the world, so we don't have to get out of bed until we want to and everything is paid for :grin: :grin: :grin:

sounds like my neighbors

as our leader..you should lead by example and sell your kit first pig...

I am a president not a leader :smiley: I think you are the peoples poet and thus would make the ideal leader :grin:

Archived