NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Island

Pig

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No buildings over two stories.

All windows to have blackout curtains / blinds, with patrols by reconstituted ARP wardens "Put that {Insert rude word} light out!"

Total ban on all exterior lights. Why do you need street lights? You should be observing :evil:

Let's all club together and buy Gran Canaria :grin:

No buildings over two stories.

All windows to have blackout curtains / blinds, with patrols by reconstituted ARP wardens "Put that {Insert rude word} light out!"

Total ban on all exterior lights. Why do you need street lights? You should be observing :evil:

Let's all club together and buy Gran Canaria :grin:

I wouldnt do a ban on all exterior lights. That could be dangerous. But definitely put limits and restrictions their height, wattage, spacing between lights, all lights sources have to have covers to prevent any light traveling upwards, and location would play a factor as to the restrictions. Down town being more "lit up" and the farther out you go it would be less "lit up".

Oh we could have special holinights (instead of holidays...get it :grin: ) where everyone images the same object as a collaborative island project. We could collect hundred of hours of data in one night! That would be awesome!

Oh we could have special holinights (instead of holidays...get it :grin: ) where everyone images the same object as a collaborative island project. We could collect hundred of hours of data in one night! That would be awesome!

That's a great name for them and an even better idea :smiley:

The idea of no electricity was that there would be no streetlights....as soon as you put in wind/solar...some bright spark will switch on the streetlights!

It has to be no electricity, so no cold beer, plus there will be no lights in the pub, so be careful in the dark!

Could this island be mobile? I wouldn't mind a better look at some of the equatorial and southern constellations. Also wouldn't mind being ruler I quite fancy myself as a blumming handed despot. (I'm afraid the word filter kicked in)

Could this island be mobile? I wouldn't mind a better look at some of the equatorial and southern constellations. Also wouldn't mind being ruler I quite fancy myself as a blumming handed despot. (I'm afraid the word filter kicked in)

I definitely vote to have this island more towards the equator as well. Love to get a picture of the LMC.

OR

We have a second set of islands in the southern hemisphere and we each have a house on both islands.

I think you'll find that's called a boat...

How are we going to image with no power? We could just ban the import of lightbulbs at customs. Night vision goggles will solve our vision issues. Should also be a no-fly zone over the island to keep those pesky planes out of images.

How are we going to image with no power? We could just ban the import of lightbulbs at customs. Night vision goggles will solve our vision issues. Should also be a no-fly zone over the island to keep those pesky planes out of images.

Go back to good old fashioned 35mm...

After waking up this morning, all starry eyed :shocked: :shocked: I have suddenly realised this island has to be sponsored by the rest of the world, so we don't have to get out of bed until we want to and everything is paid for :grin: :grin: :grin:

1) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours telescope

2) Thou shalt not bear false witness when selling on AB&S (eg.TV Radian boxed only used twice!)

3) Thou shalt not worship false idols (Brian Cox and Daragh O'Brien)

4) Thou shalt keep the cloudless night holy

5) Honour your Nagler and Ethos

1) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours telescope

2) Thou shalt not bear false witness when selling on AB&S (eg.TV Radian boxed only used twice!)

3) Thou shalt not worship false idols (Brian Cox and Daragh O'Brien)

4) Thou shalt keep the cloudless night holy

5) Honour your Nagler and Ethos

It looks like I'm banished from the island then as I can't stick to rule number 3 :)

Archived