Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturday morning's Sun in Ha

DrRobin

Hi,

An earlish capture for me, it's MrsDrRobin's party today so I have to go and hand out drinks. The cloud was coming in anyway. I managed full disc single stack, full disc double stack, 12 pane mosaic and a couple of close ups.

I have only had time to process the full disc and one close up, more to follow.

All photos Lunt 60, DMK41. Stacked in AS!2in sharpened in Paint.net.

Robin

Double Stack, 0.8x FR

AS_p20_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-13-7-13-0x5-ds-1.jpg

AS_p20_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-13-7-13-0x5-ds-c.jpg

One of the close ups, single frame, 1.5x barlow, double stack.

Sun-13-7-13-1x5-ds-2-plane-245.jpg

There is a short video, will post later.

Thanks guys,

The plane was really high, I didn't see by eye or even hear it, although there was plenty of other buzzing round. When I saw it, I just saved the capture and then re-took that pane for my mosaic.

Anyway here is the 12 pane mosaic, taken with a 1.5x barlow. Stacking in AS!2, stitching in Autostitch and post processing in Paint.net

Robin

Sun-13-7-13-Autostitch-b.jpg

Sun-13-7-13-Autostitch-c.jpg

And a close up of the prom.

AS_p20_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-13-7-13-1x5-ds-prom-1.jpg

Very nice images. The "new" AR looks to have far more going on in Ha than in white light.

I definitely think you should stitch that aeroplane shot into the full Ha disc :)

James

I love the plane pic, Robin. +1 for getting it on the full disc if you are up for that!

I'm jealously waiting for my first plane transit. I missed one by ten secs, seeing it whizz over the disc between shots. The closest I have so far is a fly transit :embarassed:

Archived