Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nissan's mystery telescope.... challenge

Timbo

Well, I was looking through the new brochure for the Nissan NV200 - I am considering my next panel van to convert to a campervan by the way - when I spotted in one of their photos, on the back seat, a 'scope.

Here's your challenge - no prizes - where was this photo taken? Sorry. Can you spot the make of the 'scope?

http://www.nissan.co.uk/etc/medialib/nissaneu/_gb_en/_Brochures/_lcv/103450.Par.37887.File.pdf

Tim

Ps I'm am not associated with Nissan in any way! I drive a Ford Freda, aka the Mazda Bongo! :rolleyes:

it's possible to zoom right in - much clearer then - still no idea

BTW the van doesn't look big enough to convert to a comfortable, roomy camper anyway; I'll keep looking.

Might has guessed at a Tal, but wouldn't expect tehm to use anything other then a Japanese scope, cannot make out anything from the plate that is on display at the side.

Simply don't have the resolution.

Concerning the conversion I would have thought that the engine was a bit small also, saw a Hyundai panel van about 2 months back that looked a better option. Think it was Hyundai anyway.

We had a good public observing session at Nissan in Early February. I think it was the second or third held by the Nissan Sports and Social Club in conjunction with the Sunderland Astronomical Society. They have proved popular so they will probably hold further events. There was a good turn out from a number of the local astro clubs and public.

post-20257-0-42234300-1367879029_thumb.j

There must be a theme going on with Japanese cars as there are astro images in Toyota clubs quarterly magazine,a couple showing an obsy with a wide star image with the Milky way and a comet showing??

HERES a link though it doesn't show all the piccys in the mag.

There must be a theme going on with Japanese cars as there are astro images in Toyota clubs quarterly magazine,a couple showing an obsy with a wide star image with the Milky way and a comet showing??

HERES a link though it doesn't show all the piccys in the mag.

That's the Scottish Dark Sky Observatory in the the photo. Toyota's current TV ad shows the Auris driving from Edinburgh to the SDSO along deserted Edinburgh streets (very surreal, they are never deserted when I'm there!).

John

Toyota's current TV ad shows the Auris driving from Edinburgh to the SDSO along deserted Edinburgh streets (very surreal, they are never deserted when I'm there!).

You must be a very popular man :D

James

Archived