Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

solar in white light

nightfisher

I woke up this morning at lincoln star party to be greeted with a lovely blue sky, after a second really clear superb night, looking at the sun, i thought it would be just plain rude not to capture it.

Capture was made with Tal 100rs with full aperture baader filter, and olympus pen epl-1 micro four thirds dslr, 16 of 20 single jpeg`s stacked in registax v5 then a little crop in picaso

post-8850-0-13259300-1367851960_thumb.jp

Very well done - but why so blue?

Thanks guys, i dont have a clue why they turn out a right shade of violet, maybe some kind person might suggest something, but pleased with it and thanks to james for offering advice on stacking single shots, will be doing more of this on my lunar work

Hi Jules ,

I shoot set in Monochrome but the colour is still in the data.

When I open the shots in Reg 5 it asks " Image seems to be in colour , process in colour ? "

If I click yes then mine turn out this way too , I always click " No " and stick in Black and White.

In my case it's the UHC filter making things a funny colour but not sure in your case ...

Glad to hear you're having a good weekend out there . . .

Great image Jules. You can either do as Steve suggests or take the image into PS (Gimp or whatever) convert it to grey-scale, which will give you a better looking image and gets rid of the violet. You can always then colourize it later if required.

Good point Richard ,

The good thing about getting Reg to process in black and white is that he's an awful lot quicker than if he's dealing with colour .

next time i use reg i will try it in mono

Archived