Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion and Running Man Nebulae

steppenwolf

Having experimented with 'Holmes' tonight using my Canon 200mm Telephoto lens, I couldn't help but notice Orion climbing nicely in the sky so I swung the 'scope round and had a go with the same lens. The image comprises of 8 subs at 180 seconds each and three subs at 50 seconds each taken with my SXVF-H9C CCD camera.

m42_141107_l.jpg

The background looks a little clipped on my monitor though

It is a little clipped - a function of the processing required to get the main 'events' balanced. I have a less clipped version but then the area around the Running man looks too 'rough'! I reckon I could take a totally different finished picture of this pair every night, they are so open to 'interpretation'! :(

Running man stands out really well and nicely executed M42. The background looks a little clipped on my monitor though

Martin, this is an updated version showing more nebulosity but frustratingly, the background is still a bit clipped - an improvement?

m42_141107_3_l.jpg

Archived