Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick M45

Kaptain Klevtsov

Aways a pleasure seeing this beautiful group of blue stars. It comes in many guises according to aperture, exposure, and focal length.

I like to see all the stars in the asterism, it is a sight to behold, as here in this image

I remember the scenes in Contact with Jodie Foster, when she sees her long dead father on some planet or other, which has blue suns in it's sky. I thought of the Pleiades, and Vega. A film I enjoyed very much. Don't think it made a lot of money though.

Ron.

They were not looking at you, they were looking at me! I was time-lapsing them with the Canon PowerShot at ISO400 for 15secs. Well, them and half-a quadrant of sky...

Did you know that if you stack a static time-lapse by registering on the Sisters-7, the resulting stack shows the rest of the sky star-trailing around them? wonderful...

Gorgeous image, as usual, KK.

Archived